Serving And Feeding Guidelines
At Happy Howie’s, we strive to provide healthy, tasty treats that enhance the relationship between dogs and their pet-parents. Pet safety is very important to us. Please follow these helpful feeding guidelines for a happy, healthy dog:
1. Cut the treat into smaller piece(s):
Do not give a whole treat to your pet. Please cut, or break up the treat into smaller pieces.
2. Feed smaller piece(s) to pet:
Be sure to only feed appropriately sized treats to your pet. A vet can help you determine the right size.
3. Separate your dog from other pets
Dogs can get really excited when it comes to treat time. Separating your dog from other pets before being given any treats is a good idea so he/she can relax while chewing. This way, your dog will be less likely to gulp large pieces whole. This may be especially important if you have a dog that is very territorial around food and/or treats.
4. Microwave to soften any hard treats:
Treats may harden over time. To soften, you can microwave for 5 seconds for ease of slicing or chewing.
5. Store in zip-lock:
For optimum freshness after opening, store in a cool, dry place. Be sure to remove air from zip-lock bag and seal bag completely after feeding.
Happy Howie’s Treat Safety Checklist:
- As with all dog treat products, feed as a treat. Treats are not a replacement for dog food.
- Treats are broken into smaller pieces.
- Monitor your pet while feeding natural treats. Any treat can cause a problem if a large piece is swallowed—know your pet’s chewing habits. Howie’s treats are made to be chewed and not swallowed in chunks. Blockage may occur if swallowed in large pieces.
- As always, give your dog plenty of drinking water when feeding treats.
Happy Howie’s products are intended as treats only. As with any edible product, monitor your dog to ensure the treat is adequately chewed. Swallowing any product without it being properly chewed may be harmful or even fatal to a dog. If you suspect a problem, please contact your veterinary services and seek professional, medical help.
For questions, comments and/or concerns about our product ingredients please visit our FAQ page, or Contact us